Hp printer users frequently ask questions about the HP Printer Offline in Windows 10 like how to resolve the issue of HP Printer Offline in Windows 10? What are the necessary measures taken to solve the printer offline issue? What are the reasons behind Printer Offline in Windows 10? So today this article is all about the issue of Hp Printer Offline in Windows 10.
Various users have reported about the issue of the connectivity of the printer in Windows 10 and also about the glitch which sets active printers offline even if they are connected. It is a common problem that can be solved by some procedures.
This issue mainly arises in wireless printers which are connected by any network connection like routers. But many users who have a direct connection between the printer and the system have also faced this issue. We will fix this issue like other issues.
The manufactures of your device install their own diagnostic software in their devices to verify the problems which are faced by the printer. It helps to identify the problems and informs the user to take necessary actions to prevent the problems.
We will recommend you that if your device is provided with its own diagnostic software feature user must use it to identify the problem and it can give you solutions that how can that be fixed. The software scans and after scanning it makes you aware of the harmful issues.
Factors causing HP Printer Offline in Windows 10:
Hp Printer Offline Windows 10 is a common issue. It can occur due to various reasons. Before we talk about how to resolve we should know about the reasons due to which this error might occur. Mostly the error occurs due to the unavailability of the printer and Windows 10 verifies it.
Though mostly it can not tell if the printer is on or not. It can not even tell if it has any connectivity issues or has any printing errors. The reasons that might cause this issue.
- If the connection between the printer and the system is slow, unresponsive, unable to connect or the connection signal quality is low.
- Or the printer has encountered some internal errors or with any other issues.
- Lastly, it can occur if there are multiple print jobs in the line.
Different Reasons for HP Printer Offline Windows 10
1. HP, Canon, Epson Printer Offline error:
It is a very common problem with the printers, it affects any brand of printers. HP, Canon, Epson users have reported this issue.
2. Printer Offline Error Processing Command
It is also a very common issue while a user is using a network printer they may face the error processing command and it can be fixed.
3. Wireless Printer Offline
It can occur in all types of printer and most of the users have reported it while using a wireless printer.
4. Printer Offline and not able to ping
In this case, users’ computers would not be able to recognize the printer. In many cases, the user is unable to ping their network connection.
5. Printer Offline SNMP
SNMP feature can be another cause of this issue the most important thing to fix this to disable the SNMP feature in your system.
6. Network printer offline VPN
Many of the users reported that they face this issue while using a VPN.
So here are the causes and the types of the Printer Offline in Windows 10. Before fixing the issue it is very essential to know about the cause it makes it easy to resolve it.
Next, we will move on to the fixes of this issue. To resolve this issue users have to follow some steps.
Solutions if HP Printer Offline in Windows 10?
As above given those are causes of the Printer Offline Windows 10, now we will go through the resolving process of this error. Follow the instructions accordingly and carefully to resolve the issue. The following solutions are given below:
Solution 1: Change the settings of the Printer
In the maximum number of cases, it is very simple, all it is needed to do is to unplug the printer and system and remove the USB cable from both after some time restart the both and connect them. But if you are using a network-oriented printer either it is wired or wireless, the main issue is with the router, you should turn it off and restart it.
Here are some following steps which will make you easy to understand how should it be done.
1. Open the control panel and select your Printers window.
2. Check that if the printer is set to default or not.
3. Right-click on Default Printer and select the print queue.
4. Please check and delete if any left overwork is pending in the queue.
5. Select the Printer option given in the queue Window and select it and next uncheck the Use Printer Offline.
6. If you check it is off them recheck it and keep it unchecked.
7. Check your connection that your printer is properly connected with your system or not i.e., the USB cable, plug it in again.
8. Check your network connection, turn off the router, and restart it.
9. Then turn off your printer and computer and restart both again.
10. After doing this if the problem is not fixed install the printer driver.
Solution 2: Restart the Print Spooler Service
If the above solution does not works you might use the process of restarting the Print Spooler Service.
1. Press Windows key + R enter services.msc. Press Enter.
2. When the Services window tool opens, click on the Print Spooler service then click on the restart option.
After restarting check that the issue is still appearing or not. This is not a permanent solution you have to repeat it. If the issue still appears to use the next solution
Solution 3: Make changes in Printer Properties.
According to experts, this issue can be solved by making some changes in the printer’s property.
1. First, go to Control Panel > Devices And Printer.
2. Right, Click Your Printer and Printer Properties.
3. Select the Port tool, select your printer’s IP address from the list and click the Configure Port option.
4. Do not check SNMP Status Enable and click enter.
The printer properties changes are another effective solution for this issue but it only works on network Printer.
Solution 4: Install Printer Drivers.
Printer Drivers are essential and must be install if the issue is consequently delaying your work. Experts advise installing the drivers to fix the Printer Offline message.
1. Go to the Printer and Devices section in the control panel.
2. Select your printer and click right and choose to remove the device.
3. When confirmation appears click Yes on it.
4. Next after removal of your device reinstall the latest printer driver.
This can automatically remove the Printer Offline issue. If you do not have any experience of fixing these issue or update driver experts advise you to install Tweakbik’s Driver Updater.
This tool automatically scans and checks outdated drivers of your system and updates it without any separate procedure.
Solution 5: Install the latest Updates.
Printer Offline messages can due to the use of outdated applications, Windows, and drivers. This issue might be solve by updating those.
1. Press Windows key + I and open the settings app.
2. When settings app opens go to Security and Updates, click on it.
3. Click on check updates, if updates are available, update them. After installing them check that the issue is still appearing or not.
Solution 6: Add a second printer Device
Printer Offline message can be solve by adding another new device
1. Check the 1-2 steps from solution 4.
2. Select the Ports tool and the Add Port tool.
3. Select standard TCP/IP Port and click on New Port.
4. Printer Port Wizard will now start. Click on Next.
5. Now insert necessary pieces of information like IP address and click on next.
Solution 7: Check if you’re using a VPN connection
Printer Offline message can appear if you are using a network printer and VPN.
This can be fixed if you remove the VPN connection.
If it’s still essential to use VPN connect your printer and computer with a USB cable and then you can smoothly use both without any trouble.
These are the following procedures that you can use to solve the error this will help you to fix it follow accordingly and read the instructions carefully.
Dial HP Printer Service Number for Instant Help
are you still facing HP Printer Offline in Windows 10 issue with your printer? You can Dial HP Printer Service Number +1 (878)-999-8893
to get in touch with expert technicians. where you will get the world best solutions. our experts are available for you all day long 24×7.