WPI printer setup
Looking for the WPI printer setup? You have landed on the correct page users! Here you will get the exact information on the topic of the WPI printer setup. So, what does WPI mean? “WPI” stands for Web Printing Printer. So, a web-based printer is basically a printer that receives documents and other things via the ‘Internet’, rather than any direct connection to the device. So, this means that in a WPI printer, there is no requirement of any client software or driver. So, WPI printers are typically used for the publications of high volumes, such as brochures, magazines, newspapers, books, and catalogs.
The WPI Printer Setup:
The most basic way to add a Network Printer in your Windows is by going to the Windows option and searching for the website: \\printers.wpi.edu.
Then you are required to log in (if and when prompted) with your email@example.com and your WPI password, which means you need to have an account on the above-mentioned website! Then you need to locate your printer (printer’s name, basically) in the list of all the network printers, and then you will see a pop-up screen with the progress bar, which will show that your installation has been completed successfully.
Now, here we will explain the process of WPI Printer Setup in somewhat detail so as for the users to get a proper insight of the same, hence they do not face any difficulty!
So, let’s get started!
This is a setup to add the WPI printer on your Windows 7, 8, and 10, all together-
- The very first step is to turn on your printer and press the Windows key on the keyboard.
- In the search box, type the website (that is mentioned above in the article), and then log in when asked. You will have to add your username and password.
- If your computer or PC is not at the domain of the WPI ADMIN, then it might require the login using the ADMIN\username and your WPI password.
- Then the next step is to locate your printer in the list of all the network printers and double click on it once found.
- You will see a progress bar that will appear temporarily on your screen, and then you will notice a pop-up containing printer queue that will appear on your screen. This indicates that your installation procedure was successful.
Enabling your WPI Printer setup-
- Turn your printer on and then touch the Printer’s tab. A list will appear that will display the list of printers.
- Select the printer option.
- The list displayed will have the Summary Tab contents.
- You will see that in the area of the Advanced Configuration, there will be a chatbox. Go to that chatbox and select the option of Enable Web Print.
- Then the next step is to confirm and recheck if the printer is enabled for the Web Print or not. If you see that your printer has not been enabled for the same, then go to the option of Select Enable Printing and after that select Mobile & BYOD.
- You will see that the Mobile & BYOD page is displayed.
- Then, in the Web Print area, make sure that the status has been chosen to “OK”. If yet you see an error over there, you need to perform the Troubleshooting.
So, this was the WPI Printer setup. By following the steps given in this article, you will be able to perform the WPI Printer setup on your own, that too much easily.
Dial Printer Support Number
If the error still persists then you can Dial Printer Support Number +1 (878)-999-8893 . To get in touch with professional experts, who will resolve your issue instantly. Our technical experts are available 24×7,365 days for your assistance.