Hello, there are you facing how to resolve Windows 10 activation error 0xC004F050 , then don’t worry you will get your solution here so let’s start.
When we are activating the windows by using the product key on our windows 10 system, we often come across the error code 0xc004f050. This occurs majorly while upgrading the windows from 7 or 8 to windows 10. Though up-gradation from windows 7to windows 10 is completely free, In order to process further, a genuine copy of Windows 7 or 8 is needed to get the digital entitlement. The second option is to enter the windows 10 product key to activate the new system on the computer. And this is the place where the error occurs.
You can identify the error by getting the following notifications:
An error has occurred
Description: The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is invalid
It means that the activation cannot be processed further. You can go for other inputs or methods to fix this error.
Causes of Error Code 0xc004f050 on Windows 10
There could be several elements that can be classified as the cause of this error. At the very first place, the product key is very important. If you are using the outdated or old product key, then it could be counted as one factor of failure. An invalid product key can trigger the windows activation error 0xc004f050. The user is requested to use the valid product key and or go for buying a new one for the successful windows activation.
Sometimes it’s because of the activation server issue. The activation server could be busy while you were trying to activate it. If your windows 7 or 8 are genuine, then the newly installed windows 10 is automatically activated. In case if not, then click on Activate and try again.
Any type of hardware change could also lead to a windows activation error.
Fixing the windows activation error
You need to perform some basic troubleshooting first:
- Make sure you are using a stable internet connection. Unstable connectivity results in error 0xc004f050.
- Sometimes windows server is busy, try to connect at different intervals of time.
- Reboot or restart the computer system.
Major fixing solutions:
1.Try to enter the new product key.
Instead of trying to use the change product key, try to go for replacing it with the new product key.
To perform this:
- Click File Explorer. Select This PC.
- Select System Properties from the toolbar at the top of the window.
- Scroll down and choose the Change Product key tab.
- Click on the Change Product Key link.
- Insert the valid product key.
- Click Next and complete the instructions shown on the wizard.
2. Use the Activation Troubleshooter.
- Click on Start. Go on settings options. Choose Upgrade and Security.
- Click on Activation and choose to troubleshoot.
- Follow the instructions shown on-screen to complete the processing. Activation using Phone
If the problem is not solved yet, try this option to fix the error.
- Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Type SLUI 4 and click OK.
- Now choose your country and click the Next button.
- In order to get in touch with Microsoft Product Activation Center, you will be given a number.
- Answer the questions from the automated menu regarding the product you are trying to activate.
- Say Yes when it asks for human assistance.
- Tell the Installation Id to the operator (it’s given on the same screen)
- You will be asked again for Confirming the ID.
- Enter the confirmation ID on the screen and insert the numbers provided to you.
- Click activate windows and here you go.
By now you have learned about fixing of Windows 10 activation error 0xC004F050 .
Read these given articles related to your queries :