Windows 10 an advanced version of the Microsoft Windows operating system. It includes the most universal advanced features. Windows activation is important for the proper, efficient working of the Windows. Windows 10 activation error ox80072f8f occurs due to simple plain security of the system which does not match with the servers of the activation. As a result, access is blocked. According to Microsoft, this occurs when the user is trying to activate Windows 7 and 8, and a security error occurs. Sometimes the error occurs when the invalid time and settings on the machine are entered.
Errors in the activation of Windows are common to occur. There are many methods available for fixing it. Windows 10 activation is considered important for its smooth, proper functioning. If this Windows activation error ox80072f8f occurs even after purchasing genuine OS of Windows 10 and occur while updating or installing Windows 10.
CAUSES OF OCCURRENCE OF WINDOWS 10 ACTIVATION ERROR 0X80072F8F
Below are the causes provided for the WINDOWS 10 ACTIVATION ERROR OX80072F8F.
- Mismatch of time and date
- SSL secure socket layer certificate error
- Due to usage of a copy of Windows 10 OS
So, these are the main reasons for the occurrence of the error.
SOLUTIONS TO FIX WINDOWS 10 ACTIVATION ERROR 0X80072F8F
Below are the solutions provided for fixing the WINDOWS 10 ACTIVATION ERROR 0X80072F8F .
Solution-1 To fix the date and time
- First, check the date and time settings by clicking on Windows +I key.
- Then in the settings app, choose the option of time and language.
- And then time and date option.
- Turn ON the toggle for setting time and date automatically.
- On the left side of the panel, click on the option Region and language.
- Set the country or region you live in.
- Then, close the settings app and restart the system.
- To fix proxy settings
- In Cortana search in internet explorer, choose the option of appropriate entry.
- Press windows+T key and click on internet options.
- Find the tab named connections.
- Click on the LAN settings option.
- The list will be generated, delete all the entries called as exceptions.
- Use a proxy server for LAN is disabled.
Install root certificate update
The update will solve the whole issue related to windows connection with the Windows update server. Downloading can be done manually by moving to the Microsoft Update Catalog Website and search for Root certificate update.
Configuring the firewall
By disabling it and there are chances of blocking the connections to the Windows update server intentionally or unintentionally. Temporarily disable the Windows firewall.
Re-register the DDL files for Windows update by following the below-given steps-
- First, press on Windows+ R key for opening the run utility.
- Type the command and click on the enter button.
- Reboot system for letting the changes take place.
Solutions provided above are reliable, easy to apply for fixing the Windows 10 activation error 0x8oo72f8f. The PC repair tool can be also run for fixing the error and improving the performance of the computer. This error affects the security of the Windows and computer which can be harmful for the users as it affects the security system while activating or installing the update of Windows 10. Activation is necessary so this error needs to be removed by the solutions provided above. Technical support and help can also be provided by technical experts and professionals if these solutions do not help to solve the error.
Read these given articles related to your query :