HP printer is the most preferred printer nowadays as its demand it hyping in the market. Not only today, but this printer has been in demand for several years before. HP is the most established and trusted brand among users. It is only because of the affordable prices, good print quality, smooth and user friendly working.
Even after considering all the good features that the device has, and how it works, being a technical device, the device is bound to have some technical malfunctioning or glitches within it, that is display in the form of error codes to the users. And by referring to these error codes, the actual problem is found and the related solutions are applied to it to fix that problem! One of the similar error codes is the “HP printer not activated – Error Code 20”.
This error code occurs when your HP printer is not configured properly on your computer. And therefore, during the print job, HP printer not activated error code 20 occurs in front of the users. Here in this article, we will discuss the causes behind this error code in your HP printers and also mention the ways by which you can solve this issue.
Reasons behind HP printer not activated Error Code 20
There can be multiple reasons behind this issue, like, you have to be sure first that your printer has been correctly set up, and there aren’t any corrupt settings in your PC. Because these can also be the reasons behind this or any other common printing issue. Some of the other reasons can be:
- Printer not set as default – The printer that you are presently working with and facing problem in, that has not been set up as the default printer in the settings of your PC. So, this will cease you with printing any further.
- Missing printer driver – This can also be an issue where the printer driver is missing. So, this will also not move on with the process of printing.
- Other Windows registry errors – This issue is related to the problem with the Windows installed on your PC.
- Conflict in device manager – Conflict in device manager can also be one of the other errors that can interpret with the normalcy of your printing device.
How to Fix HP Printer not activated Error Code 20 Issue?
Some solutions are mentioned below for you to follow and fix the issue of the HP printer not activated – Error Code 20 in your printing devices.
Solution 1: To make the presently-in-use printer as the default printer
Go to start, then go to Printers and Faxes, and then open Printers Folder.
- There you will find the name of your presently in use printer’s name with the icon. So, make sure that it has been selected with the checkmark ticked next to it to make sure that it has been selected as the default printer. (If it is not been selected already, then right-click on its icon and select “Set as Default Printer”).
- Then, just to check if the problem persists, right-click on the printer icon again and click on the Print Test Page option to print the self-test page of Windows.
- If this still does not solve the issue, then move to the next solution mentioned below.
Solution 2: Re-install the USB Composite Device
Go to Start of your Windows and then select Run.
- There in the space, type devmgmt.msc, and then press enter. This will open the Device Manager Window on your PC.
- There select the plus sign (+) and right-click on the USB Composite Device option, and then choose the option of Uninstall and select OK.
- Then after that disconnect the USB cable from your computer and reconnect it again, just as the way you perform the basic troubleshooting of your device.
- Then you need to follow all the instructions in the Found New Hardware wizard to install the drivers.
- Once the drivers have been installed, right-click on the printer icon and select Print Test Page to print the self page of Windows and see if the problem still exists.
- If your issue of HP printer not activated error code 20 has not been solved, then go to the next solution mentioned below.
Solution 3: Re-install the HP Software
This is the third solution that you can try, in which you will have to uninstall the HP software entirely from your system, and again reinstall it. This might help you get over with the problem.
Hence, these were the ways that can probably get you over with the issue of HP printer not activated error code 20.
Dial HP Printer Support Number for Best Assistance
If you are unable To fix this error by yourself then Dial Toll-Free HP Printer Support Number +1-888-479-5919 to get in touch with Professional experts for world Class solution.