While using a Canon printer, you can encounter several kinds of errors. And the Error 6A80 is one of those. Generally, the Canon printer error 6A80 is caused by simple software misconfigurations and minor unnecessary changes within the settings.
However, in some cases, this error is also caused by major hardware issues. Now, if you are one of the users who are facing this error in your Canon printer, then read this article.
Here, we have provided all possible solutions to fix this error as soon as possible. Now, without wasting time, let’s take a look at the steps mentioned below.
Primary Causes of the Canon Printer Error 6A80
There are several problematic factors that can make a printer error 6A80. Take a look at some basic reasons that may indicate such an error message.
- Dirty Print Head Resting Sponges.
- Lose ink absorbing pads.
- Print head blockage issue.
- Unsuitable printing settings.
- Defective hardware parts.
Now, you are familiar with the reasons, let’s look at solutions.
Effective Solutions to Fix Canon Printer Error 6A80
To remove this error from your Canon printer, you need to follow some simple and straightforward solutions. Take a look at them and try to execute them as instructed.
Clean the Resting Sponge
This error can arise in your Canon printer because of the Print head resting sponges. Occasionally, those sponges get dirty and fail to print documents. Thus, causing this error. Now, to clean up those sponges, follow the mentioned below steps.
- Initially, Open the lid of your Canon printer and go to the print head resting place. There you will get two small sponges.
- Use a paper tissue to clean them and then push down the sponges to apply them properly.
Once you have done this, restart your Canon printer and verify the error status.
Remove the Print Head Blockage Issue
Occasionally, this error may emerge if the Print Head gets blocked because of ink cartridges. And to remove it you require to clear the blockage. Now, if you require suitable methods, follow the mentioned below steps.
- Turn Off your Canon printer and confirm that the ink carriage returns to the docked position.
- Then, take out the affected ink cartridge from your printer and turn it upside down.
- After doing this, gently clean the print head with a damp cotton swab.
- Now, return the ink cartridge to its respective location and then turn on the printer.
Once you have done this, run the automatic cleaning utility in your printer. After the cleaning utility completes its task, try running a print test on your printer and verify the status of the problem.
Force Restart the Printer
In a few circumstances, users are able to remove this error from their Canon printer by force restarting it. Now, if you want to try the same thing on your printer then follow the mentioned below steps.
- Turn Off your printer and disconnect the entire cables.
- Then, click the 1 + 2+ 3 + 4 button at the same time. To perform that use all four fingers.
- Keep clicking those button for 10 seconds and then releases the 4th button or On/Off button. But keep holding the other three.
- After a few seconds, turn On your Canon printer and then free the other three.
Now check if the error still persists. If yes, then….
Dial Canon Printer Customer Support for Quick Assistance
We wish that after reading the above-mentioned steps you would have fixed Canon Printer Error 6A80 of your own without any support. Then get in touch with proficient experts at Canon Printer Customer support+1 (878)-999-8893 . The number is open round the clock. All the technicians in our team are trained, experienced & knowledgeable enough to eradicate entire Canon printer issues. We assure you to eradicate the root cause of error so that you may not have to face it in the future also.