Excell error 400 happens when Microsoft Excel fails or crashes whilst it’s running. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the code was corrupt in either way, but simply that it did not work during its run-time. This type of error will emerge as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and corrected. Here are symptoms, reasons and ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Symptoms of Error 400:
- “Error 400” emerges and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC often crashes with Error 400 when running the same program.
- “Excel Error 400” is displayed.
- Windows runs slowly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer occasionally “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
These 400 error messages can arise during program installation, while a Microsoft Corporation-connected software program (eg. Microsoft Excel) is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your 400 error arises is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.
Reasons for Error 400:
- Corrupt download or deficient installation of Microsoft Excel software.
- Corruption in the Windows registry from a recent Microsoft Excel-connected software change (install or uninstall).
- Malware or Virus infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Microsoft Excel-related program files.
- Another program maliciously or wrongly deleted Microsoft Excel-connected files.
Runtime Errors for example “Error 400” can be caused by a range of factors, thus it is significant that you troubleshoot each of the possible causes to avoid it from recurring.
Steps To Fix Microsoft Excel Error 400:
Follow the list of troubleshooting steps to fix your Error 400 problems. These troubleshooting steps get progressively more hard and time taking, thus we strongly suggest trying them in ascending order to prevent unnecessary time and effort.
- Fix Registry Entries connected with Error 400.
- Now, Conduct a complete Malware Scan of Your PC.
- After that, clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
- Now, update Your PC Device Drivers.
- Use Windows System Restore to “Undo” Recent System Changes
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Microsoft Excel Program connected with Error 400.
- Then, run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
- Install entire Available Windows Updates.
- Execute a Clean Installation of Windows.
Operating System Information
400 error messages can arise in any of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000
Are You Still Experiencing Excel Error 400?
We hope that after applying the above-mentioned steps you would have fixed Excel Error 400. If not so or you come across any issue while doing so, no need to worry at all. Get in touch with Proficient experts at Excel Customer support +1- 888- 479-5919 to fix the issue easily. They will assist you with step by step instructions so that you can fix the issue of your own, without any support.