Epson WF 2860 ink replacement can be a tricky task. However, if you follow the instructions given below step by step, you should be able to replace ink cartridges in your Epson WF 2860 printer without facing any difficulty.
Ensure that you have your replacement cartridges ready before you begin with the procedure. New cartridges must be installed immediately after removing the old ones.
Steps For Epson WF 2860 Ink Replacement
You should leave your old cartridges in the product until you are ready to replace them. This prevents the print head nozzles from drying out. Don’t open the ink cartridge packages until you are ready to install the ink. This is because cartridges are vacuum packed to maintain reliability.
Note: You must take care that you cannot re-install and use a low or expended ink cartridge.
1. First of all, turn on your product.
● You see a message on the LCD screen if an ink cartridge is expended. Take note of which cartridges need to be replaced. Then follow the on-screen instructions or the instructions given below to replace the cartridge.
● In case you are replacing a cartridge before you see a message about the empty ink cartridge, then press the home button, and select Maintenance, then Ink Cartridge(s) Replacement, then Next, then Start.
2. After you complete the above step, lift up the scanner unit until it clicks.
Don’t move the print head by hand. If you do, you may damage your printer. Also, try not to touch the flat white cable or translucent film inside the printer.
3. After that, squeeze the tab on the cartridge. While squeezing it, lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.
Note: Make sure that you dispose of the used cartridges carefully. Don’t try to take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it.
Warning: In case you get ink on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. In case you get ink into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. In case the ink gets into your mouth, spit it out and see a doctor right away. Make sure that you keep the ink cartridges out of the reach of children.
4. It is important to note that if you are replacing the black ink cartridge, you must gently shake the new black ink cartridge four or five times. However, make sure you do not shake the color ink cartridges
Don’t shake the cartridges after opening the packages, because then the ink may leak.
5. After completing the above steps, remove the cartridge from the package.
6. Then remove the yellow tape from the cartridge and proceed to the next step.
Make sure that you don’t remove any other labels or seals. If you do so, the ink cartridge may leak or become unusable.
7. Next, insert the new cartridge into the holder. Then push it down until it clicks into place.
8. After you have finished replacing the cartridges, lower the scanner unit.
9. After that select Completed on the LCD screen. Then the print head moves to its home position automatically and the printer starts charging the ink. This may take a few minutes. You will see a completion message on the screen when ink replacement is finished.
Make sure that you don’t turn off the printer while the ink is charging or you might be unable to print.
If you follow the above-mentioned steps carefully, you should be able to carry out the Epson WF 2860 ink replacement successfully and without facing any difficulties.
However, if some problems still arise, you should get in touch with our experts at | 1-878-999-8893