Canon PIXMA MX490 Wireless Office Printer is a copier and a scanner. It has exceptional connectivity options and the ability to keep the printer in places with a 30% reduction compared to previous versions of MX. This what makes it so popular. You can print wirelessly from smartphones or tablet almost anywhere in the office due to Google Cloud Print and Air Print technologies. It also has a lot of time-saving features, including a fully integrated automated file feeder that supports up to 20 sheets, also a folding automated document feeder (ADF) which has 20 beds and, also like the printer section of the device, is not scanned on both sides. The upper part of the MX490 is painted Thus, it has a lot of great features.
Connecting Canon MX490 Printer To WiFi
- The first thing you need to do when starting off with the Canon MX490 printer, you should make sure that the printer is switched on.
- Next, you need to press the Setup button to connect the MX490 printer to WiFi.
- After that, you are required to press the left or right arrow buttons to select a Wireless LAN Setup that you want to connect with the printer.
- When that is done, you need to press the OK button and proceed with the process.
- Once you do this the printer will automatically find the compatible wireless routers connection.
You can choose a method based on the network that you wish to connect your printer with:
Connection Using The WPS Button:
- First of all, press and hold down the WPS switch on the wireless router.
- Next, push the OK button on your printer within 2 minutes.
- When you see Connected appear on the screen, tap the OK button.
- Once you’re done with this, press the COPY button.
- With that your network connection setup is complete.
Connection Using The WPS PIN Code:
- Firstly, choose Other setup option. After that press the OK button.
- Next, choose the WPS PIN Code. Then press the OK button.
- After that, you need to set the PIN code to the wireless router.
- Once you’re done, Connected will appear on the screen. After that press the OK button.
- Next, tap the COPY button. Your connection is now setup.
Connection via Cableless Setup:
- First, choose Other setup option. Then tap the OK button.
- Next, choose a Cableless setup option. After that tap the OK button.
- After your printer preparation is complete, the screen will appear.
Alternative Method For Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless LAN Setup:
- This is an alternative process where you are required to run a CD on your computer for installation.
- After you do that, you need to select the wireless connection option from the options provided.
- Next, you need to switch on the printer and make sure that the blue light is flashing.
- After that, you need to click on connect to the network option.
Then select WPS for an automatic wireless connection.
- You simply need to press the Wifi button for the wireless connectivity and then hold it until it turns orange.
- Further, once the printer is connected you would be able to see blue light flashing which indicates that the printer is connected to the network.
- At last, you are just required to click on the Next option. And then provide the required information to complete the process of setup.
Thus, with the completion of these processes, the query on how to connect Canon MX490 printer to WiFi is resolved. So, now you can easily connect your Canon Printer with the wifi printer and print documents effortlessly.