However, if you are going for a Cisco RE1000 setup without CD, this is the right place for you to get help. We cannot imagine our life without Wi-Fi and the convenient advantages that it brings to every aspect of our lives. At this point of time in the world, wireless network is a necessity for us all. It is a fairly easily process to get it installed by your local internet guy.
Cisco is a popular American Networking systems manufacturing company. Located in the centre of the Silicon Valley, it is headquartered at San Jose. The company produces, a wide range of telecommunications equipment, hardwares and softwares related to networking and other such products and services.
About Cisco RE1000
A Cisco RE1000 is essentially a Wi-Fi extender, also known as a repeater, which allows users to amplify their Wi-Fi signals. It is a useful service if you need to have your connection coverage spread over a large area.
It can be a great addition to your Wi-Fi system, in helping it to cover unreachable areas and make the most of your connection.
How to go about a Cisco Re1000 setup
Most wireless routers can be set up using a CD that comes inside the packaging of your extender but you can also do it manually if you’d like. Sometimes, one can lose the CD or your computer’s CD drive can malfunction, for such cases there is also an alternative way to set it up.
After deciding on a method to set up your RE1000, you can easily follow this list of easy to follow steps that we have compiled for you:
Firstly, you should check the back of your router, to gather all the important details you will need in this set up. The details you will need are:
- The network name of your wireless connection.
- Its password or security key.
- The channel name of your wireless.
You will have to reset the range of your extender by restoring it to the factory settings. It can be done by pressing the reset word for 5 seconds. Then you can begin your Cisco RE1000 setup without a CD
- With the help of an Ethernet cable, conjoin your computer and extender port.
- After plugging in your cables, wait for the LED lights to become stable and stop blinking.
- Open up a web browser on your computer.
- Enter in the IP address in the address bar. You can find the correct address from the official website of Cisco.
- After the address has been entered, a window will pop up asking for your ID and password.
- You will have to leave the user name empty and enter, ‘admin’ as password.
- Visit the basic wireless settings and enter your network name into the manual button.
- Go to the section to edit the security settings.
- Enter the passphrase and save it in the system.
- Reset your router once more by unplugging it for 30 seconds and attaching it again.
- Lastly you can wait for the light to settle once again and your Cisco RE1000 setup without a CD should be reconfigured.