Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Setup: If you are trying to find ways through which you can connect the Canon Pixma MX492 printer with your WiFi connection (cableless setup) then this article will guide you through every instruction that you need to know.
Before you start with this wireless connection setup, you’ll need to prepare your printer for the cable-less setup, by following these instructions below:
Steps For Your Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Setup:
● First of all, turn on your printer.
● Then press the Setup button in the menu option on the top.
● After that use the triangle navigation buttons to select the Wireless LAN Setup option. Then press Ok.
● Next, select Other Setup and press Ok.
● Once you’re done, select Cable-less Setup. Then press Ok.
Once you have successfully prepared your Canon Pixma MX492 wireless setup, follow the steps mentioned below to connect it with your WiFi router through your Windows PC.
Steps to Connect Canon Pixma MX492 Printer to WiFi on Windows OS 10, 8.1, 7, XP
You’ll need to install the printer software into your Windows PC or Laptop device to connect your Canon printer to your WiFi router, .
● Firstly, close all the applications before starting the installation.
● Then Sign-in using an administrator user account.
If your PC or laptop is enabled with the CD-ROM drive then you can simply play the CD that came along with the Pinter kit. To install the software through the CD, you will have the following steps:
● Start with inserting the CD in the CD-ROM drive.
● Then click on the “Run Msetup4.exe” on the autoplay screen.
● After that click yes to continue on the User Account Control dialog box.
If you are unable to use the CD, you can also download the installation wizard online. To do this, follow the instructions given below:
● First of all, go to the official website of Canon http://canon.com/ijsetup/.
● Then, click on the Set-Up option.
● After that enter the name of printer model MX492 in the box on the top. Then click the Go button.
● This will take you to the next page, where you need to select a country or region.
● Once done with that, download the Setup.
● Then you need to run the download file and start the installation process.
Carefully follow the instructions given below to complete the process of installation:
● After the file has been saved into your computer, double-click on it. Instructions will appear on the screen, follow them.
● After that, click “Next”. Then click on the “Wireless LAN Connection”.
● Next, click on the “Connect via wireless router (recommended)” option. Then click Next.
● After that, click Cableless Setup. Then click “Yes”. If you see the “.NET Framework” screen continue clicking “Yes”.
● When you reach the next page, click the “Next” button on the software installation list.
● After that, follow instructions until you see the Setup Completion dialog box appear. Then click on the “Complete” button.
● After that, click on Next. If you see the “Extended Survey Program” screen then you can click on “Agree” to participate in the program or otherwise you can click on disagree to continue with the installation process without taking part in the survey program.
● Once you’re done with the above steps, the installation process should be complete. You will now see the “Test Print window” on your screen.
● Insert a blank paper inside the printer and click on the Execute option to check if the printer is working properly.
● After the test print is complete, click next. Then skip the next window.
● Once you are done, click on the exit to finish the installation process.
If you follow the above-mentioned instructions closely, you will be able to connect the Canon Pixma MX492 printer to WiFi on Windows OS. If you still face Canon pixma mx492 wireless setup connection problems and then you should contact the support team in order to get quick help from the experts.
Related Queries: How to do Canon MX490 Wireless Setup
Frequently Asked Question
• Press the copy button on the printer, it will enter into setup mode.
• It will display wireless LAN setup, press ok.
• Use the right arrow button to choose cable less setup.
• Open the HP app, click on add printer and click on select connection method.
• Choose ’connect via wireless router’, now you will have to put the password of your connection and finally choose the router. You are done.
• Select your LAN connection method and choose ‘connect via wireless router’ and select cable less setup.
• Now click on add printer option and select the network type.
• You might need to enter the password for your network.
• Once your printer is added, your setup is done.
• Now select wireless LAN setup.
• The printer will automatically detect the nearby router
Download the printer driver software on your laptop. Make your printer enter into the setup mode. Choose how you want to connect the printer:
- Through usb
- Wireless lan connection
Follow the on-screen instructions and connect the printer with laptop.
- Click more and click on Bluetooth setup.
- Agree to all the further instructions and enter the pin displayed on the printer’s LED screen within 30 seconds.
- The device will communicate with the printer and setup will be done.
- Choose Wireless LAN Setup option and then press Ok.
- Now select Other Setup and then choose Cable-less Setup.
Further you can connect your devices by installing software on your systems and following the instructions.