This article talks about the Canon mg2920 wireless setup process in just a few easy steps. Most all-in-one printers that are manufactured now come with the additional perk of having wireless connectivity. Using them is much easier than normal printing machines however; the method of setting it up can be a handful.
Find out how to set it up without any professional assistance by reading on below.
Canon mg2920 wireless setup – Setup printer
For a newly purchased device, the the first order of business would be to unbox it and assemble the parts in working order:
- Unbox the outer packaging carefully while holding it on a levelled surface and take out all the accompanying equipment which needs assembling.
- For starters, it will need to be connected with a stable power source to turn it on.
- The cartridges will be inserted inside the provided slot – press on it until a click sound is heard.
- Make sure to use high quality printer paper. The absence of which can lead to different kinds of errors.
- Double check the setup with the manual that arrived with the product.
Canon mg2920 wireless setup – Installation
For the printer to work, the most important thing required is the software – which is also called the driver. It will need to be installed prior to proceeding with the wireless connectivity setup.
There is a separate download process for different operating systems, and we have listed both of them here for your convenience:
Canon Mg2920 Wireless Setup for Windows
- Open a browser and enter the details for the driver directly on the search bar or from the website.
- Open the internet browser and type in the link for this particular OS driver in the search bar.
- The user will be redirected to the website where it is available.
- Double click on it to download the driver and then start the installation by running the program.
- The home screen will display an instruction wizard for the users to follow.
Canon Mg2920 Wireless Setup for Mac
- If you’re using an apple device the download process will be a little different.
- On the official website of your printer and you shall see the search bar on the top right corner and type in the name of your printer.
- You can also go to the drop down menu of the support section, which contains all the OS and drivers.
- Choose the one you need and click on download.
- The process might take a couple of minutes, after which you can begin the installation – for which you will have to connect the printer with the Mac with a cable.
- Go to the menu and open the scanners and printers option.
- Your printer will be detected and connected automatically.
- Follow the instructions wizard on screen and test the prints before proceeding to the canon mg2920 wireless setup
Alternatively, for those who have a CD driver in their computer systems, can get the driver from the disk that comes with the product package.
Locate network protected setup
To register their printer networks users need to locate the WPS on the printer and switch it on, here’s how you can find it:
- In most printers the button is at the very back part of the machine.
- The user will have to press and hold it for a couple of seconds for it to turn on.
- The printer will allow you to print the pin which needs to be entered later for registration.
The canon mg2920 wireless setup for both windows and Mac is the same. So you can follow the steps mentioned below for which ever device you’d like:
- Turn the printer on by plugging the socket on to a power source and then holding the power button down for a couple of seconds.
- To establish a connection, the computer and printer need to be conjoined with the help of a data cable.
- Visit the menu and select the wireless settings option. Click on the wireless connect and click yes further.
- The device will automatically search for all nearby networks and display them all on the display screen.
- You can choose the desired network and enter the correct username and password.
- In just a couple of seconds, the Wi-Fi will be attached.
Users can use this canon mg2920 wireless setup to connect the printer with several devices at the same time, as long as they are on the same network
It will make printing from a distance very convenient, leading to an increased productivity and is also a better option economically.
Read Also –