Every good printer today comes with the specification of having wireless connectivity. It makes for easier setup process and a very convenient way of working. If you have recently got yourself a Canon for personal or professional use, then it is a commendable choice. You can find out all about the Canon ix6820 wireless setup process by reading on below.
About Canon ix6820 wireless setup
Canon is a globally popular printer, scanner, cameras and a wide array of other optical products. The company originated in Japan in the year 193 and has since evolved itself into a leading MNC. They also have several subsidiaries of crucial importance.
Their headquarters are located in Ota City, Tokyo, Japan. They currently have an impressive market standing and brand awareness due to the trustworthy and top notch quality of their products.
Before the user can proceed with the Canon ix6820 wireless setup, they will have to hook the printer up with a common Wi-Fi network. Here’s how you can do it:
Pre-requisites for Canon ix6820 wireless setup
- You should have a network that makes use of WPA2 protocol for security.
- The printer purchased should also have an external push button for WPS.
Steps for Canon ix6820 wireless setup
- Plug the printer to an outlet and turn it on.
- Press the WPS button on the panel outside for a little while.
- Once you see a white light flashing, you are free to release it.
- After waiting for a couple of minutes, the LED light that you just switched on, will change its colour to blue.
- This is a direct indication that the printer is in setup mode, trying to make a connection.
- The light will become stable and stop flashing constantly in some time – which says that the Wi-Fi connection has been made.
Setup Canon ix6820 wireless
The Canon ix6820 wireless setup is feasible and compatible with all kinds of devices and operating systems. We bring you the setup methods for both mac and windows:
Canon ix6820 wireless setup For Windows
- For those people who are making use of any version of Windows, this method should work well.
- Begin by turning the printer as well as the PC on and connecting to the Wi-Fi.
- Visit the official website of the printer and type the name of the exact model you have, in the search bar.
- Once you have narrowed down the driver that you have to install, begin the download process.
- You will see an installation wizard; follow the instructions provided on it to a T.
- Once the driver has been installed, open the control panel and click on the option called printers and devices from the list.
- Once the window is open, add your new printer to the already existing list.
- Select the name and model and proceed to saving it.
- Your wireless setup will be successful on Windows.
Canon ix6820 wireless setup For Mac
- You can start the setup process by connecting both the devices with the same network.
- For this too, the user will have to download the driver from the official website. Add it to the cart and make a purchase.
- Open system preferences, listed on the apple menu.
- From the drop down list choose scanners and printer option.
- You will then be able to add your printer to the list of connected devices by simply clicking on + (On the bottom left corner of the window.)
- Once connected, try a dummy print to check if the Canon ix6820 wireless setup was successful or not.
Read Also –