Microsoft error code 1603: When you try to install Office fails, an error message generally tries to explain the cause. There are many causes that could result in the error code 1603. Generally, this error occurs because the system files corruption or previous installation files not removed properly. Here in this article, I have listed down some simple steps that you could easily follow to resolve this error. Examine to see if the error fixed after completing each troubleshooting step. Executing the troubleshooting steps mentioned below will certainly resolve the error code 1603.
When you install Office, you may see error code 1603 if an earlier installation of Office is failed. Here is some process that you can try to fix error code 1603. We’ve initially listed the most common solutions, thus try them in order. But before proceeding ahead first look the most common causes of this error code.
Common reasons for error code 1603
- Proxy settings or internet connection are preventing from Office installation.
- Firewall or antivirus software might be blocking the Office installation.
- Already existing version of an Office suite is blocking the installation.
- Deficient/ failed repair/ partial/ change/ removal of an earlier Office suite can prevent from installing a newer version.
Follow the mentioned below steps to easily Fix Microsoft error code 1603:
Follow the mentioned below steps in sequential order to easily fix Microsoft error code 1603 of your own:
Repair your Office app
Error code 1603 will be fixed when the Office repair tool replaces the entire corrupted system files. Follow the steps mentioned below to run the repair tool to fix the error.
- Initially, Open Control Panel using Start.
- Tap on Programs & choose Programes & Features.
- Tap on the Office product that you like to repair.
- Click Change.
- Choose Quick Repair and tap on Repair. If Quick Repair didn’t fix the error code 1603, choose Online Repair and tap on Repair.
Note: If Office Repair did not fix the error, remove and reinstall the Office Suite to resolve the error code 1603.
2 – Steps to remove Office
In case if the error exists even after running an Office repair tool, uninstall Office from your computer.
- Initially, open Control Panel using Start
- Tap on Programs and select Programs and Features.
- Choose Office Suite and tap on Remove.Note: If Office uninstallation failed or it didn’t fix the error, a manual uninstallation is necessary to fully remove the Office Suite.
3 – Steps to remove Office manually to fix the error code 1603
If the error code 1603 is re-occurring, then follow the steps to manually remove the Office program from your computer.
Step 1: Remove the Windows Installer packages
1. Locate the Office 16 installation folder, generally located in C:\Program Files\
2. Right-click the Microsoft Office 16folder and choose Delete.
Step 2: Remove the Office scheduled tasks
1. Now, Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
2. At the command prompt, enter the following commands and click Enter after each one:
schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office Automatic Updates”
schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office Subscription Maintenance”
schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office ClickToRun Service Monitor”
Step 3: Use Task Manager to end the Click-to-Run tasks
1. First, open Task Manager.
2. Tap the Process tab
3. If the following processes are running, right-click each one, and after that click End task after you choose each process.
Step 4: Delete the Office files
1. Click Windows logo key + R to open the Rundialog box.
2. In the Openbox, enter %ProgramFiles%, and then click OK.
3. Delete the “Microsoft Office 16” folder.
4. Delete the “Microsoft Office” folder.
5. Open the Rundialog box, enter %ProgramFiles(x86)%, and then click OK.
6. Delete the “Microsoft Office” folder.
Step 5: Delete the Office registry sub keys
1. First, Open Registry Editor.
2. Now, delete the following registry subkeys:
- Then Delete the Office key.
Step 6: Delete the Start menu shortcuts
1. First, open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
2. Enter %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, and then press Enter.
3. Now, delete the “Microsoft Office 2016 Tools” folder.
4 – Download and install Office
1. Primarily, Sign in to your My Account page using the link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=613327
2. Select Install.
3. Tap Run or the equivalent depending on the browser you’re using.
4. When you notice “You’re good to go”, click All done.
This article comprises the troubleshooting steps to fix the error code 1603. We wish that after following the above-mentioned steps; you would have fixed Microsoft error code 1603. If not so or you come across any issue while doing so; no need to worry at all. Dial Excel Customer support number +1-888-479-5919 to get in touch with proficient experts who will fix the issue within no time.